VRENY VAN ELSLANDE
EMAIL: [email protected]
- Offer my broad and versatile musical training and expertise in guitar, engineering, production, composition, arranging, performance, guitar teaching and music education to contribute to the growth of the company or business that hires me.
1990-1998Municipal Academy of Music & Word YpresYpres, Belgium
- Diploma, Performance Classical guitar, Classical Composition
- Recipient of Special Award Jan Decadt for outstanding achievement as a classical performer
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
1998-2002Berklee College of MusicBoston, MA
- B.M., Performance
- B.M., Music Production and Engineering
- Member of the Dean’s Club and The President’s Club in Berklee
- Recipient of Belgian Governmental Scholarship
- Recipient of Berklee College of Music “B.E.S.T Award”
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude for both degrees
2003Musician’s InstituteHollywood, CA
- 10-week Encore Program
- Awarded a full scholarship for this special non-certificate program.
1992–1998Private Guitar InstructorYpres, Belgium
Freelance guitar instruction and music teacher
- Gave private-instruction in my teaching-studio, specialized in rock-styles, jazz and classical. Some of my former students now are top-students in the best Conservatories in Belgium and Holland (references available upon request).
2000–2001Wellspring StudioActun, MA
Freelance Producer/ Arranger
- Produced Boston-based band “Quest” and demos for different artists.
2001OceanMysth StudiosYpres, Belgium
Artist / Producer
- Release of my self-produced EP “Millennium”.
2022Performed with female artist “KimberleeLos Angeles, CA
Back-up musician in Kimberlee’s band
- Performed on numerous important shows, including Beverly Hills HardRock Café and live on CBS television (show “Eye Of The Desert”) in Palm Springs.
Dec. 2002Renowned Belgian metal band “Edgecrusher”Gent, Belgium
Freelance mix engineer / session guitarist / production advisor
- Was hired as a mix engineer and session guitarist for European metalband Edgecrusher’s upcoming 2nd album “Impressions of Mankind”, recorded in renowned Belgian “Studio 13”.
2003Bryan Farrish Radio PromotionSherman Oaks, CA
- Hands-on experience in radio-promotion: handling phone-calls with radio-stations, record-labels and artists, database entry, handling of all mailings, client prospecting, promoting artists
2003Private Guitar InstructorLos Angeles, CA
- Offering full-time private guitar instruction in any style or performance technique, in my teaching studio.
2003Music Teacher’s NetworkLos Angeles, CA
- Became special instructor with this New York based company, which is specialized in offering top-quality private music/instrument instruction to exceptionally gifted music-students, at their houses (references available upon request).
2003Happy All Day, Inc.Los Angeles, CA
- Provided my services as a live-sound engineer in rehearsals and all live performances of musical productions “The Sound of Music”, “Grease” and “The Music Man”, musical projects of “Creative Kids Youth Theater”.
2003Freelance Session GuitaristLos Angeles, CA
- Provided my services as a session guitarist on numerous sessions, including the recording of the EP “TOBY” of artist Toby Madigan, which got airplay on numerous college radio stations nation wide.
- Featured performing with the Ezina Moore Band, niece of Bobby Womack. Ezina Moore’s music is played a lot on MTV world wide.
2004Sound Engineer/ Sound DirectorLos Angeles, CA
- Creative Kid’s Youth Theater: worked as the sound director/engineer for all the 2004 shows/performances of this youth theater.
2005Performer and session guitaristLos Angeles, CA
- Played guitar on 1 song released on an obscure album for upcoming talent in SoCal. Leah Hanna King’s song “Man I Never Knew” was released on that album. I play acoustic guitar on that track.
- Played guitar on the new Matt Konfirst release “War of Righteousness”, released Oct. 2006.
- Played numerous sold-out shows in Belgium and Holland with a highly acclaimed Jimi Hendrix Tribute project.
- My song “Shred Demo” received radio airplay in Belgium and Holland on “On The Rocks”, and received major push from famed rock DJ John Bobo Bollenberg.
2006Performer and session guitaristLos Angeles, CA
- Played all major clubs in Hollywood, Los Angeles and SoCal with Cory Phillips Superlove, including: the Whisky A GoGo, BB Kings, The Mint, The Good Hurt, Highland Grounds, Room 5, Genghiz Cohen, The Derby, 14Below, The Loop, The Cat Club, Rainbow Room, the Roxy, etc…
- Played guitar on Cory Phillips’ new album to be released Spring 2007. Cory Phillips is a rising star in SoCal, receiving lots of press for his unique blend of soul with rock, and his superb 9-piece band.
- Played guitar on 2 tracks on the new Amel Larrieux release “Morning”, available in all music stores nationwide and internationally, and currently receiving heavy rotation on radio stations and on MTV internationally.
- Produced, engineered and played guitar on the Derek Taylor Kent album “Why is the Lights On?”. Album will be released 2007, and is entirely being recorded in my home-studio.
- Played guitar in the History Channel documentary “Declassified”: in the episode on bounty hunting that was aired on TV Summer 2006
2007Performer, session guitarist, producer and educatorLos Angeles, CA
- I am developing a guitar-curriculum and music program for a new music school, which I am starting up Fall 2007 in Lancaster/Palmdale, CA, with an investor, to support the community there and get kids away from the streets.
- MASS Music. Started up a production company with a business partner. Specialized in producing, recording, coaching and developing singer-songwriters, and setting up showcases for them with clubs with the intent of developing solutions for clubs to let go of the current pay-for–play system, which neither clubs nor artists benefit from.
- Am writing a unique guitar instructional book, showcasing my unique guitar instruction approach, which is planned to be released summer 2008.
- Languages: Flemish, Dutch, French, English, some German.
- Fluid in many musical performance styles (rock, blues, metal, fusion, progressive, funk, jazz, and classical) and guitar-techniques.
- Proficient in: Protools, Digital Performer, Peak , Finale.
- Well-developed leadership and communication skills.
- Strong transcription skills.
- Chess, computers, soccer, reading, spirituality, psychology, languages, history, cultures, traveling.